- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively in a team and on their own
- Able to use their own initiative
- Calm under pressure
- Committed to working in a person centred manner
- Able to deal with difficult or challenging situations
- Caring, honest, reliable and committed
- Can demonstrate that they are committed to inclusion and equality
- Basic computer skills
- Holds a UK driving licence
- Previous experience of working with ASC
- Additional communication skills such as Makaton
- NVQ 2 or above, or equivalent
- LDAF/LDQ induction units
Reports To: Registered Manager or Designate
Job Purpose: To support clients during the night and provide support/assistance if required
- Respond to and support clients during the night shift: by working within their individual guidelines: using and responding to monitoring aids.
- Provide personal care to clients.
- Work in partnership with clients and all stakeholders involved positively in their lives.
- Ensure that when working with clients that all current legislative, procedural and good practice guidelines are adhered to which promote the client’s freedom, choice and independence.
- To use risk assessments to promote opportunities for the clients and increase their autonomy when ever possible.
- To complete all allocated cleaning duties and record appropriately on completion
- To complete client archiving and allocated paper work.
- To set up the paper work and client time tables for the day staff
- To ensure that all documentation is completed in a person centred manner and adhering to data protection principles and other guidance.
- To always contribute to the service positively and constructively.
- To undertake any such duties assigned by the Registered Manager or Designate for the clients or service.
(This job description is not intended to be a complete list of duties; it may be amended from time to time. The job description will be discussed in full at interview & appointment).